About Run Away
This is a 10-15 minute short film. It focuses on the coming of age theme and the subtle, delicate emotions disguised in aloofness because of obsession of work and the lack of communication in the family. The protagonist Lola, is a 16-year-old girl who runs away from home on her birthday night, and comes across a woman with similar experience on the street. They choose to accompany each other through the night. When they get to know each other more, they both begin to reconcile with themselves as well as with their family members.
Who are we?
We are a bunch of film enthusiasts studying a post graduate programme on Filmmaking at Kingston University. This is our dissertation project and we are determined to make it great! We were all experienced filmmakers in our home countries before we came to England. So you can trust our professionalism and the quality of the final film. The team members are:
Kexin Zheng - Producer. Kexin used to be a documentary director in China and now specializes in the role of producer and has co-orperated with her classmates to complete two projects successfully.
Chu Wang - Director. Chu graduated in filmmaking from her undergraduate education, she has a keen eye for the often overlooked subtle aspects of human relations. She is also good at writing soul touching scripts.
Elun Wang and Johnathan Kyte - Cinematographers. They are adept at operating professional cinematic cameras.
Professional actors and actresses will join us as we continue our audition!
Where will the money go?
If we hit the minimum amount of our target we will spend the money to cover all the costs emerging during the whole process of pre production, production and post production; including shooting location hire, traveling expenses, food etc.
Breakdown of costs:
- Venue hire (in total): £791
- Travel (van hire & petrol): £250
- Prop costs: £100
- Food (in total): £250
If we hit the full target we will use the money to pay actors and actresses.
- £ 10.00 donation: the donor's name will be listed at the end of the film for a special thank you as credit.
- £ 20.00 donation: the donor will have the above reward plus a copy of the film.
- £ 50.00 donation: the donor will have all the above rewards plus videos of the shooting process.
- We will also submit the film to film festivals, that means your name will be seen by the public!
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.