The Department of Psychology students and staff, and The Psychology Society jointly organise the KU Psychology Undergraduate Conference. This is an end of year final year dissertation showcase students' work and a great event which brings together all undergraduate psychology. This year we will be holding the 6th conference on 11th of March 2020. Annually, we have about 150-200 psychology students attend the various sessions. We are only one of a few universities in the UK to provide this opportunity for their undergraduate students.
Experience from previous years clearly show that the students benefit incredibly from the opportunity as they are able to present their dissertations, get feedback, and connect with alumni. Feedback on their work, enlighten and enrich their final year research projects, in addition to allowing them to exercise relevant and useful employability skills via the employability event. Students from level 4 and 5 feel prepared for their research projects in Level 6 and it’s a great day for the department to celebrate our achievements and successes. Students learn various transferable skills, which prepare them for future careers in psychology.
Students take part in the following ways:
(1) Present at the oral presentations event
(2) Present a poster at the poster event
(3) Participate in the debate
(5) Help organise the day. This is a great way to learn some valuable transferable skills and get to know other psychology students from across all the years.
Presenting at the conference has several advantages for our students: it is a unique opportunity for your training in presenting work, either orally or as a poster presenter, in the development of your transferable skills, and for their CV enrichment.
The conference helps to create a wider sense of community within the department.
Where will the money go?
- Students and guests attending the event get coffee, lunch and food/drinks for a reception after the event
- Token speaker gifts for our two keynote speakers
- 1st and 2nd Prizes for students winning the best poster, best presentation and best debating team.
- Rosettes for all volunteers.
- For sponsors over £300, we are able to offer your company logo to our programme. Please contact Tushna: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Images and video
Find us here
Programme for the day: We have two exciting keynote speakers, a topical debate and opportunities for students to present their work and an employability event. More details can be found here: https://ugpsychconf2020.eventbrite.co.uk/