A short summary of our project
On a stormy night, a wealthy and recently deceased actor attempts to walk home after refusing his taxi to the after-life.
We are raising £2000 to fund our Graduation Film, The Next Place; a story that seeks to explore the choices we make in life when death comes knocking. At the end, what really stays with us?
We want to create a highly-stylised drama that evokes the pain of recollecting a faded, imperfect memory of the past. A film that scrutinises the material excess so-often strived for in life and what it's reduce to when you've kicked the bucket. As the proverb goes: 'death is the great leveller.'
Who we are
We are a team of 3rd Year BA Filmmaking students.
- Director: Dylan Friese-Greene
- Writer: Edoardo Cimatti
- Producer: Mo Amputra
- 1st AD: Julia Misheva
- Director of Photographer: Zachariah Brown
- 1st AC/Gaffer: Nina Gubatan
- Art Director: Melissa Hariz
- Sound Recordist: Emilie Masson
- Sound Designer: Daniel Hughes-Hawkins
- Editor: Liv Burge
Where will the money go?
- Black Cab or Car Hire - £400
- Actors - £700
- Location Hire - £200
- Art Department - £500
- Transport/Catering - £100
- Equipment - £100
Any extra funding will go towards the actors for giving their time and efforts.
- We are offering token rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give.
Find us here
You can keep track of our progress through Dylan's Facebook page for updates on the successes of the campaign.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, by email, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.