What is Kintsugi?
Hello everyone! I am raising money to create a short film for my independant film module. The film is called "Kintsugi" and if I am able to reach the goal, I will then be able to produce and create this abstract short film revolving around the mind.
“Kintsugi” is an experimental visual short film that shows the difficult journey of the mind trying to process a traumatic experience and the unfortunate mental aftermath that follows.
This film will be a predominantly visual and auditory experience. The images shown throughout the film are the realistic depictions of the grief, pain and the damaging spiral of depression and helplessness after a traumatic incident and the different ways the mind deals with the pain.
Where will the money go?
The money spent if we hit the minimum target will go on travel costs for the actor and the cameraman, and props and items for set design and creature designs.
If we hit the full target, that will go towards paying the actor, providing food and the costs for hiring out a commercial swimming pool as well as allowing us to outsource more props and other additional items for the art department to create a more abstract and ambitious art department.
The main goal for this film is to create the visuals through practical visual effects rather than going through computer generated "CGI" shots and the full target allows for the art department to create these grand visuals without the usage of CGI.
In addition to this any excess money raised will go towards covering costs to allow "Kintsugi" to be submitted into future film festivals.
I will be giving weekly updates of this project on this fundraiser page, but if you follow us on our social media accounts you will be able to see more daily updates.
- Crew Expenses (Travel) £140
- Art Department Resources £110
- Pool Hire £150-£200
- Every donor will have their name in the credits.
- Exclusive access to behind the scenes of the film.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to donate anything to help us reach our goal! Please share this on social media platforms like Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and facebook; or use word of mouth to get it around. We'll take all the help we can get.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd appreciate it if you did. Please sponsor us and help make this happen.