We are graduate students from the Kingston School of Arts Filmmaking department, and we proposed the idea for this short film at the end of January. Our director loves details in life and plain real stories, so he created this short story to discuss redemption and being redeemed. Now we are looking for a suitable shooting site and recruiting actors. We have finished the script writing, but as we are still students, we have limited funds to run this project. Once we have enough funds, I believe this will be an exciting short film in the end.
We are a four-person production team with director Nan Zhao, producer Yating Mei, cinematographer Yudong Luo, sound designer Zixuan Li, and editor Nan Zhao. Each of us has a great passion and interest in our field of expertise.
We are now actively working on pre-production for this film, which is named after the heroine, Julia. In the story, Julia is an older sister who has lost her younger brother. She works as a barista in a cafe. At the end of her day's work, she meets Alex, a 17-year-old gangster who is being beaten. Julia rescues Alex and finds that he looks like her dead younger brother, in the brief process of getting along, the two approached each other and warmed each other.
- We want to convey to the society that even if you are in a difficult and miserable life, you can still meet the white moon in your heart to warm your heart for a short time
- If we receive a donation, we will pay part of the fee to the cafe for the shooting, and all the cafes we are currently looking for will charge a fee. Secondly, we will use the money for the actor's travel expenses and meals. If the donation amount is objective, we will pay the actor's performance expenses.
- So the more money we receive, the more choices we have for actors and venues, and the more authentic the final film will be.
Where will the money go?
- Rent location: £250 pounds/2 days
- Meal and travel: £100 pounds
- Pay actors: £100 pounds
- Props: £50 pounds
If you donate more than £20, we will provide a polaroid still. If you donate more than £50, you will get the right to watch the movie for free.
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.