We're a group of Kingston University students creating a documentary for our graduate film. We are looking to raise around £550 to pay for our travel and accommodation costs for us to interview and document people and charities who are invovled with human trafficking. We are travelling around the UK interviewing different organisations and people, hearing how they help in the aftercare process, and their personnel stories on this issue. We have already had a successful trip to Bradford, where we will do a follow up visit, as well as further interviews in London and another northern city.
Who are We?
I am Charlie (producer), we have Robyn (director) Tabitha (DoP) Aamir (editor) Brenda (art department)
80% of people who have been trafficked get re-trafficked at some point in their life. This statistic shocked me and my crew, so we wanted to find out why the statistic is so high, and what work the government and charities are doing to lower this. We are also trying to find out the reality of the situation by hearing personal stories from survivors of human trafficking and how the after care process can be improved. We started this journey for our grad film project but we will continue after we have graduated to try and best document this situation.
Where will the money go?
- All of our money will go on Megabus's and travelodges to go to different cities where we have contact with people and charities to document their stories and aftercare programmes.
- So £350.00 on travel and £200.00 on hotels.
- Hey, we have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out.
Find us here
www.facebook.com/pg/Humantraffickingdocumentary or go into facebook and type human trafficking documentary.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this documentary with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to be able to make a touching documentary that spreads awareness on a barbaric crime of modern times, that is rarely talked about in the news.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.