A short summary of your project
A group of recent graduates from BA Fine Art at Kingston University are coming together to curate an exhibition that features works from our degree show and extended research. Fledglings presents an opportunity for the artworks to be displayed in a cohesive space, viewing the artworks individually and as a whole to form new relationships and narratives between the pieces. Showing at RuptureXibit, close to Kingston it’s a celebration of our time studying and working here, as we approach the final stages of our degree, we welcome a time of change and departure. Hence, the name Fledglings reflects our collective angst as we ‘fly the nest’, and although some flight feathers have been developed under the guidance and support of our tutors at Kingston, our exhibition at RuptureXibit will be our first solo venture. It also describes a final opportunity to collectively show work in the same location before we fly in different directions.
Who are you?
A group of 6 recent BA Fine Art graduates.
Where will the money go?
- If we reach minimum, the funding will go into renting the exhibition space.
- If we meet the full hopeful target, money will go on renting the exhibition space, funding the private view, material costs and transport costs.
- Updates on the exhibition space will be posted via Instagram posts and through the gallery website.
- Venue hire (one week): £350 ( including £100 deposit)
- Private view costs drinks: £50 [estimated]
- Transport: £5 per person [estimated]
- Material/Production costs to support artists: £50 per person [estimated]
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.
- Thank you in advance for any help and support :):):)
KEEP UPDATED ON MY INSTAGRAM @m_ayagriffiths