WHAT IS WHY DID YOU BREAK MY BIRDS?
Why Did You Break My Birds is a proposed short graduate film. We are proposing raising 400 pounds in order to accommodate the many locations and props necessary to tell our story. By reaching our goal we can ensure the story can be told to it's full potential.
who are we?
We are a group of undergraduate students embarking on our final project. We have a crew of 7 frequent collaborators. The project is helmed by director Stanley Vialli Thompson and produced by Meara Owen-Griffiths. As a group we are motivated and have high aspirations for the project.
What we want to share
Director Stanley wants to create a film that explores self diagnosis. The story surrounds Frank who is idiosyncratic, neuritic and relatable, as he struggles to separate reality and his fantasies. We aim to tell a story about human condition in a humorous and imaginative way.
- This project is important to the crew, who have wanted to tell this story for a long time and see no better time to tell it. The film intends to explore what would happen if one listened to every impulse they have.
- The film is very important to all of the crew as it will be a culmination of our university careers and highly reflective of our abilities going into a professional setting. We want to ensure our final project is a positive one. We intend to positively represent the university by attaching the final film to several film festivals.
- As a donor, you can help us reach our goals and become a part of the process. We want to make this for our donors and hope that the ideas and concept resonate with contributors. By donating you help us further our ambitions.
Where will my donations go?
- By reaching our minimum of £200 we can cover the costs of the many props and locations needed for the film. We may be able to recuperate some of the costs the film will result in.
- If we raise £450 we can ensure we can access our first choice of location and raise the overall production value. We could pull from a wider pool of professional actors, and increase the stakes of scenes by obtaining more valuable objects to be jeopardised. We would have more time and freedom on locations and allow a smoother on-set process. Transport of crew, cast and props will also be covered. Extra funding above this level will allow us to access our first choice of location and raise the overall production value. We could pull from a wider pool of professional actors, and increase the stakes of scenes by obtaining more valuable objects to be jeopardised.
- Reaching our full target of £1000, would allow us to shoot the film on 16mm film, which is an expensive process but would be most in line with our vision for the film and resemble the films that have inspired us.
- We can deliver updates every fortnight.
- A breakdown of costs:
- Location: £150
- Props: £100
- Costume: £100
- Travel and Expenses: £100
- 3 canisters of film and development process: £600
do i get any Rewards?
- All contributors will receive updates every two weeks and a link upon it's completion.
- See the attached list of tiers, for rewards such as exclusive Polaroids from the set, props, and your name in the credits!
pretty pictures of our crew
follow us on social media
See updates, info and photos from the production on our Facebook page here! https://www.facebook.com/WhyDidYouBreakMyBirds/
help us reach our goals
All donations are appreciated, but if you can't contribute, you can still help us out by sharing our funding page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anywhere else. By sharing the page we're more likely to find other people who could help us out too, and every little bit helps!
Share with such your super rich uncle, this is just his type of thing!