A short summary of our project
"CIRCUITRY" will be an approx 12min short film to illustrate a deep understanding of the concept of sharing through an emotional and poetic story.
Inspired by an old fable - "The drifter and the miser" - I came to a different understanding of the 'Sharing' concept: Giving is receiving and by accepting someone's sharing we actually give; we give them the opportunity to exercise their Divine nature, which is one of unconditional sharing.
I am raising £5500 to assist me with the production costs for my MA graduation film. It is a very ambitious project aiming to circulate prestigious film festivals.
I am a graduating student from MA FilmMaking at Kingston University, very passionate about arts with a well-established experience as an actor ~ https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1833139/
My previous work won the "Best Director" @ IndieWise Festival :
I will be working along with highly professional team, including actor David Sterne as the protagonist. David has appeared in more than 90 films since 1973 his credits including "The Wolfman", "Vikings" and "The Pirates of the Caribbean" ~ https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0827664/
Synopsis: Malcom, our protagonist, lives a quiet and solitary life cultivating dignity at any price, until he meets Losif, an apparently homeless immigrant boy from Romania. This encounter breaks down the shells of Malcom's dignity built up on appearance, and helps both of them to rediscover the joy of living.
Along with exploring the concept of giving, the film tackles the clash between different cultures, classes, ethnicities, generations and lifestyles. All these illusionary differences vanish when true sharing takes place.
I want to inspire people to genuinely reach out for one-another more and more, to help each-other unconditionally by sharing not only in the physical level, but also emotional. My belief is that this way we will reach our lasting fulfilment, joy and happiness from the inside.
Funnily enough the main theme of the film is about sharing/giving. By helping this project happen, each contributor will bring a lot of joy in many respects: their joy to be part of the creative process, my joy of bringing this idea on screen and share it with other people, the crew's joy of being able to share their talent, and hopefully it will inspire a lot of people to become more sharing and increase the circuitry of Light in the world.
Where will the money go?
To ensure a good quality of the project, some equipment hiring will be compulsory along with providing catering, transport, costumes make up and ideally a minimum payment for cast and crew.
Breakdown of costs:
- Filming Location fee: £30 x 2 days = £60
- AV equipment hire £500 x 3 days = £1500
- Travel (van hire & petrol): £100 x 3 days = £300
- Production costs (costumes, make-up, catering): £360
- Talent fees: 2 Main Actors x £150 x 3days = £900
- Crew fees: 5 x £100 x3days = £1500
- Postproduction, promotion, festivals £880
- Note that all numbers and items above are approximative!
And the Rewards.....
- Along with the rewards of watching the film and knowing you had a contribution to make it happen, your name will be included as a 'special thanks' section in the credits. If your investment is very consistent you will be included in the team as 'Associate Producer' or even more, as 'Executive producer'.
- I hope to be able organise a private premiere screening (date to be confirmed according with the restrictions) followed by a glass of wine where you will all be invited.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.